Recently while scrolling through my Instagram feed, I came across a posting about a summer reading challenge. The challenge is to read 20 books during the summer, between June 1st and September 3rd to be exact. The challenge was created by 746books.com and I am really excited to take part in this challenge as it will be a wonderful way to work on lowering my to be read list which currently has 1190 books on it.
In order to achieve this challenge, I will need to read an average of 7 books a month, a feat which I view to be very achievable as I have been averaging that amount prior to this challenge. Although the pictured books above are the twenty I hope to make it through this year, I am flexible in my reading. I know that I will read a few books on my Nook which will count towards the twenty, I also expect to read books that I currently have a lot of hold requests in at the library as they become available. My reading selections will further be adjusted with the arrival of my monthly subscription boxes to Uppercase and Owlcrate.
Currently, my planned reading list of 20 books are as follows:
- One of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus
- The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis by Elizabeth Letts
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
- House of Names by Colm Toibin
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton
- Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith
- Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter
- Dove Alight by Karen Bao
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
- The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
- A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
- The Diabolic by S. J. Kincaid
- Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America’s Shining Women by Kate Moore
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins
- The Rise of the Dawnstar by Farah Oomerbhoy
It should be noted that I am currently reading Nyxia by Scott Reintgen on my Nook and finished One of Us Is Lying the other day. I also just received notification from the library that The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas has arrived and is waiting for me on the hold shelf. So needless to say, the list will definitely fluctuate, but I’m still planning on sticking to reading 20 books this summer.